20.09.24

RUDOLF SCHOCK: SCHUBERT songs.

Rudolf Schock, tenor/Ivan Eröd, piano (1968)

Fascinating combination of lyrics and music about a lost love that never stopped tormenting: "Der Doppelgänger / Doppelganger", text by Heinrich Heine, music by Franz Schubert.

Rudolf Schock, tenor/Adolf Stauch, piano (1959)

A true celebration of life and music: "DER MUSENSOHN / The son of the Muses"song text: JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE, music: FRANZ SCHUBERT


Roaming through field and wood, whistling my song,

thus I go from place to place!
And all keep time with me,
and all move
in measure with me.

I can scarcely wait for them,
the first flower in the garden,
the first blossom on the tree.
They greet my songs,
and when winter returns
I am still singing my dream of them.

I sing it far and wide,
the length and breadth of the ice.
Then winter blooms in beauty!
This blossom, too, vanishes,
and new joys are found
on the cultivated hillsides.

For when, by the linden tree,
I come upon young folk,
I at once stir them.
The dull lad puffs himself up,
the demure girl whirls
in time to my tune.

You give my feet wings,
and drive your favourite over hill and dale,
far from home.
Dear, gracious Muses,
when shall I at last find rest again
on her bosom?

English translation © Richard Wigmore

***************************************

Furthermore, I would like to draw your attention again to three Schock videos with Schubert songs, which have been wrongly forgotten over the years:

1) "Ihr Bild", song text by HEINRICH HEINE:

Am Klavier: Ivan Eröd 

2) "Das Meer", song text by HEINRICH HEINE

Am Klavier: Ivan Eröd

3) "Nacht und Träume", song text by

MATTHÄUS KARL VON COLLIN

Am Klavier:  Adolf Stauch


Krijn de Lege, 15.10.2024 


Keine Kommentare: